Friday 19 December 2014

Holiday survival guide #countdowntochristmas ♡


So today's post is going to be a 'holiday survival guide' for the festive season. Us bloggers taking part in the #countdowntochristmas blog series have created a collage with a few things that we couldn't live without at christmas/winter time. 

Blankets and candles - cosy winter evenings are the best and what a better way to do it than grab a blanket and snuggle up (in my case with my cat) haha. Candles are also a lovely part of winter. They can change the atmosphere of the room and there are so many gorgeous scents out there! 

Books and films - I've just finished read 'Girl Online' By Zoe Sugg (click here to read my review)! So i've now started reading 'The lovely bones' by Alice Sebold so we shall see how that goes. I love reading and recently i've found I have much more time to read which is great. Movies are also something that I love during the winter months. Theres so many amazing christmas films out there to get you into the christmas spirit! 

Hydrating face mask - In the winter skin can commonly become dry and dehydrated. For a few years now the one mask I go to when my skin is feeling a bit dehydrated is the 'drink up intensive mask' by Origins. It leaves your skin feeling super soft, like its had a drink. 

Coffee and cookies - Gingerbread is one of my favourite things so i'm in my element at christmas time. Theres nothing better than a nice warm drink in the winter so I know i'll definitely be getting my gingerbread latte fix. I also recently made an orange hot chocolate at home using Terry's Chocolate orange and it was delicious! Gingerbread men are a must have for me too. I always have some in my house at christmas time!!

Ugly sweaters and scarfs - Everyone needs at least one ugly christmas jumper, or just a festive jumper at least. I have recently been loving to wear a scarf too. I think it can make a huge different to a plain outfit, and of course it will keep you nice and warm!

Thank you for reading and let me know in the comments what would be in your christmas survival guide?

Emily 




No comments:

Post a Comment